WHAT METRO ECLECTIC CONSIDERS FOR CONSIGNMENT
Metro Eclectic will consign furniture on a limited basis. We are always accepting Danish Modern, Mid-Century Modern, contemporary and other quality, gently used furnishings on a case-by case basis. All items considered for consignment must be in very good to excellent overall condition, be clean and in good repair, be currently acceptable and salable in style, design, colors and dimensions, from a smoke-free environment and preferably made by better quality classic and contemporary manufacturers.
THE CONSIGNMENT PROCESS
Please e-mail us a few photos of the items you are interested in consigning plus a description including manufacturer, age, approximate original purchase price, and any condition issues or flaws that may affect saleability. Emails may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you to discuss our full consignment terms. Our basic consignment agreement is for 90 days; we price each item with the help of our consignors, discount unsold items during our contract period and pay out 60% of the final sale price to our consignors. It is the responsibility of our consignors to arrange to move their merchandise to Metro and, if it goes unsold, out of Metro. We can recommend a local moving service for your convenience.
BUYOUT OF YOUR FURNISHINGS
Occasionally Metro Eclectic will offer to buy your furnishings outright. Typically, Metro only buys furnishings that are Danish or Mid-Century modern from the 1950s-1980s or contemporary modern pieces. Please contact Metro via phone or email with photos, description, asking price, questions, etc. and we will contact you back within 24 hours.
A LIST OF THINGS METRO WILL NOT CONSIGN OR BUY
Metro Eclectic will not consider for consignment or purchase the following:
· Anything in need of repair, re-upholstering or refinishing
· Anything with broken or missing hardware or parts and/or doors or drawers which do not operate
· Upholstered furniture that is from a smoking household or has an odor from smoke, pets or otherwise
· Upholstered furniture that is generally dirty or has stains, is faded, is sun-bleached, is ripped or torn or
has pet hair
· Anything (recliners, sofa sleepers, etc.) with mechanisms that don't work properly
· Large and/or tall enclosed or open entertainment centers, especially made of oak
· Mediterranean-style, Early American-style and most oak furniture
· Cribs or toddler beds
· Mattresses or box springs
· Lamps or lighting without working parts
· Most Overstuffed Microfiber Sofas, Recliners or Loveseats
· Very large traditional china hutches except Danish/Mid Century Modern style
· Self-assembled items that "knock-down" for transport