WHAT METRO ECLECTIC CONSIDERS FOR CONSIGNMENT
Metro Eclectic will consign furniture on a limited basis. We are always accepting Danish Modern, Mid-Century Modern, contemporary and other quality, gently used furnishings on a case-by case basis. All items considered for consignment must be in very good to excellent overall condition, be clean and in good repair, be currently acceptable and salable in style, design, colors and dimensions, from a smoke-free environment and preferably made by better quality classic and contemporary manufacturers.
THE CONSIGNMENT PROCESS
Please e-mail us a few photos of the items you are interested in consigning plus a description including manufacturer, age, approximate original purchase price, and any condition issues or flaws that may affect saleability. Emails may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you to discuss our full consignment terms. Our basic consignment agreement is for 90 days; we price each item with the help of our consignors, discount unsold items during our contract period and pay out 60% of the final sale price to our consignors. It is the responsibility of our consignors to arrange to move their merchandise to Metro and, if it goes unsold, out of Metro. We can recommend a local moving service for your convenience.
BUYOUT OF YOUR FURNISHINGS
Occasionally Metro Eclectic will offer to buy your furnishings outright. Typically, Metro only buys furnishings that are Danish or Mid-Century modern from the 1950s-1980s or contemporary modern pieces. Please contact Metro via phone or email with photos, description, asking price, questions, etc. and we will contact you back within 24 hours.
A LIST OF THINGS METRO WILL NOT CONSIGN OR BUY
Metro Eclectic will not consider for consignment or purchase the following:
· Anything in need of repair, re-upholstering or refinishing
· Anything with broken or missing hardware or parts and/or doors or drawers which do not operate
· Upholstered furniture that is from a smoking household or has an odor from smoke, pets or otherwise
· Upholstered furniture that is generally dirty or has stains, is faded, is sun-bleached, is ripped or torn or
has pet hair
· Anything (recliners, sofa sleepers, etc.) with mechanisms that don't work properly
· Large and/or tall enclosed or open entertainment centers, especially made of oak
· Mediterranean-style, Early American-style and most oak furniture
· Cribs or toddler beds
· Mattresses or box springs
· Lamps or lighting without working parts
· Most Overstuffed Microfiber Sofas, Recliners or Loveseats
Does Metro buy used furnishings?
- Yes. We purchase used furnishings from you for resale.
How do I let you know what pieces I am considering selling to Metro Eclectic?
- Please see the list below of the types of furniture pieces and accent items we are looking for. If you would like us to consider your items for purchase, please e-mail photos and contact info to us at: email@example.com to start the process.
What kinds of home furnishings does Metro Eclectic buy?
- We look generally for clean, quality, gently used items with minimal wear and tear and of a style or styles that will have the greatest appeal to the largest amount of our customers. Metro Eclectic buys and consigns home furnishings of all kinds and styles such as tables, chairs, bookcases, bedroom furniture, sofas, loveseats, recliners, table lamps floor lamps and hanging lighting, clocks, wall hangings and very limited other art and artwork, etc. Please see below for a list of specific items Metro Eclectic will not buy as well as condition issues that will affect the value of your pieces.
What Metro Eclectic will NOT buy:
- Anything in need of repair or refinishing
- Self-assembled items that "knock-down" for transport
- Anything with broken or missing hardware or parts and/or doors or drawers which do not operate properly
- Any wood piece with water stains, noticeable deep scratches on primary surfaces or sun fading and/or uneven color
- Upholstered furniture that is from a smoking household or has an odor from smoke, pets or otherwise
- Upholstered furniture that is generally dirty or has stains, is faded, is sun-bleached, is ripped or torn or has pet hair
- Anything (recliners, sofa sleepers, etc.) with mechanisms that don't work properly
- Enclosed entertainment centers
- Mediterranean furniture
- Cribs or toddler beds
- Mattresses or box springs
- Lamps or lighting without working parts, proper shades and bulbs
- Most Overstuffed Microfiber Sofas, Recliners or Loveseats
- Very Large China Hutches
- Large or Tall Open Oak Entertainment Centers
· Very large traditional china hutches except Danish/Mid Century Modern style
· Self-assembled items that "knock-down" for transport
**ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE**
SHOP LOCALLY OR SECURELY ONLINE
Metro Eclectic, since 2008, has featured an ever-changing variety of home furnishings and accent pieces from Contemporary to Mid-Century and Danish Modern. We also mix in a sprinkle of vintage/antique pieces and other stuff we think you might find interesting and unusual. The pieces featured and for sale on this website represent only a portion of our entire in-store inventory. Call or e-mail us if you don’t see what you’re looking for as we just may have it in our inventory.
You can now browse and purchase a portion of our inventory on this website safely and securely using PayPal. And Metro Eclectic's online store is a safe online shopping experience because we are powered by Shopify which means that our site is secure for all your purchases as certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant.
If you are local to the Inland Northwest, you may call or e-mail us and we will hold any piece for 24 hours to give you time to come see the item during regular store hours or by appointment. All pieces are sold on an as-is and first-come basis. We answer phone and e-mail inquiries for individual pieces in the order we receive them. See our Contact info HERE.
LOCAL PICKUP AND DELIVERY
If you purchase an item for local pickup and want to take it with you, please remember to bring your own help to carry and load heavier pieces plus blankets or pads, rope, twine, tie-downs, etc. to safely transport your purchase as we do not supply these items. We do not offer refunds on any merchandise once it has left our premises. If you cannot take your locally-purchased item at the time you buy it Metro Eclectic can hold it for you, free-of-charge, for up to one week. Alternately, we can refer you to a local delivery company to transport it for you locally or you may arrange other pickup on your own.
Please see our Shipping page HERE.
HOURS AND SHOWROOM ADDRESS
We open the showroom at 604 N. Monroe St. in Spokane on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from Noon to 5pm and by appointment. If you would like to be informed ahead of time of special sales and new arrivals, please sign up for the Metro Eclectic e-mail list HERE.
LOCAL PICK UP
Free local pick up is offered on all items sold here online and in our showroom.
SHIPPING- SMALLER ITEMS
We have included packing/shipping estimates in the item descriptions for many of the smaller items available on this website. These shipping quotes include packing and shipping via USPS, UPS or FedEx for items mailed to addresses (no PO boxes) within the United States. We typically ship smaller items with 5 days of receiving cleared payments. Please contact us HERE with requests for shipping smaller items outside the United States.
SHIPPING- FURNITURE & LARGER ITEMS
For larger items like furniture pieces we will be glad to help you secure a packing/shipping quote. We will also help you coordinate local pickup of your larger piece from our location. Please contact us HERE if you are interested in a specific piece and we will get you a quote for packing and shipping typically within 24 hours Monday-Thursday or within 72 hours if your request is made on the Friday or on the weekend.